Author Topic: An unexpected and unsolicited letter  (Read 330 times)

Carole

• Administrator
    • View Profile
An unexpected and unsolicited letter
« on: Wednesday 28 February 2018, 17:30 »
Our family recently received a completely unexpected letter from S, who as a child had lived along the road from us. She has given me permission to quote from it as it is such a wonderful example of unsolicited appreciation.

S wrote: Im so relieved I got to see you before you moved. I was so shocked when mum told me you were moving as I realise just how much your home and family has always meant to me. Even your front door seemed so very precious as I stood there for the last time as I had stood so many times as a child and teenager always anticipating a warm welcome and a happy time ... But what makes the memories so wonderful that they are painful to think of is that I just felt so safe and loved by your family...

This letter, coming as it did out of the blue at a very stressful time for our family, had a heartwarming effect upon us all. We had no idea that coming to our house as a child had meant much to S, but are so grateful that she took the trouble to write and tell us. Her letter is invaluable to us.

With very best wishes,

Carole
Carole